2017 ProTrak Weekend - Glenwood, Maryland - Hotel Information | ProTrak Weekends | Forum

Welcome to the ProTrak User Community Support Forum . The forum is designed around the chapters in The Manual. Please post your questions in the appropriate subforums. You may "Subscribe" to topics and reply by email.

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
2017 ProTrak Weekend - Glenwood, Maryland - Hotel Information
January 31, 2017
5:34 pm
Jim Brewer
Glenwood, Maryland
Members
Forum Posts: 92
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

HOTEL INFORMATION

The most affordable hotels are located in Frederick, MD, approximately 25 minutes west of my home. As Frederick has become a “bedroom” community for Washington, DC, there are numerous hotels and restaurants there. Here is what is available, together with some additional information.

There is a highly developed area formed by the triangle of Interstate 70, Interstate 270, and Maryland Route 85, located south of Interstate 70. Within this area are numerous hotels and restaurants, as well as shopping centers and malls. Included for those hardy breakfast eaters is Cracker Barrell, Bob Evans and Waffle House. I would strongly urge you to review each hotel and the comments left on Trip Advisor and/or trivago. The prices mentioned below were as of Sunday and Monday when I went to Frederick and then compiled this information; you may find that the rates have changed. Hotels in this area include:

Extended Stay America, 5240 Westview Drive, Frederick, MD 21703; 3.5 rating on Trip Advisor; $81.00 per night on web; $76.00 per night on http://www.trivago.com

Country Inn & Suites, 5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703; 4.0 rating on Trip Advisor; $98.00 per night on web and trivago.

Hampton Inn, 5311 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, MD 21704; 4.0 rating on Trip Advisor; $127.00 per night on web and trivago.

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, 7226 Corporate Court, Frederick, MD 21703; 4.5 rating on Trip Advisor; $130.00 per night on web and trivago.

Sleep Inn, 5361 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703; 3.5 rating on Trip Advisor; $116.00 per night on web and $115.00 per night on trivago.

There is also a Holiday Inn in this area; however, when I checked it was booked for at least one of the nights of the weekend.

All of the above facilities offer a lobby entrance from the parking to which the rooms are then accessed.

Days Inn Frederick, 5646 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, MD 21704; 3.5 rating on Trip Advisor; $73.00 per night on web and trivago; this is an old two story facility; you enter your room directly from the parking lot; a Waffle House is attached.

Closer to Interstate 70 and Frederick City are:

Econo Lodge, 6021 Francis Scott Key Drive, Frederick, MD 21704; 3.0 rating on Trip Advisor; $77.00 per night on web and trivago; this facility sits directly adjacent to Interstate 70; it is an old, one store facility which would remind some ProTrak veterans of the Motel 6 in Lansing.

Super 8 Frederick, 20 Monocacy Boulevard, Frederick, MD 21704; 3.0 rating on Trip Advisor; $53.00 per night on web and trivago; this facility sits directly adjacent to Interstate 70, but on the north side of it; there always seem to be a number of tractor trailers parked here and it is next to Costco.

Motel 6 Fort Detrick, 999 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21702; 3.0 rating on Trip Advisor; $65.00 per night on web and $59.00 per night on trivago; this facility is further north of the Interstate and in the City of Frederick.

Best Western Historic Frederick, 420 Prospect Boulevard, Frederick, MD 21701; 3.5 rating on Trip Advisor; $92.00 per night on web and $83.00 per night on trivago; this facility is located north of Interstate 70 and just east of US 15; there is a Waffle House under construction nearby.

Let me know if you have any questions concerning the above lodging and I'll do my best to provide additional information.

Also, let me know what, if any, other activities you may enjoy during the weekend; I am planning a trip to the B&O Museum in Baltimore, as well as a layout visit.  I would strongly suggest to those of you who have not yet had a chance to participate in a ProTrak weekend to seriously consider joining us this May.

Jim Brewer

January 31, 2017
6:28 pm
Joe-SVL
Members
Forum Posts: 243

Jim,

Thanks for all the great detailed information.  Do you know which of the hotels/motels in your list includes breakfast in the room rates you stated?

Joe

January 31, 2017
9:26 pm
earlyrail
Admin
Forum Posts: 71

Joe,

I know the Super 8 chain has waffles for breakfast at all most all places.

I will probably stay there since I have a Wyndham Rewards card.

Howard

January 31, 2017
9:46 pm
Nashville
Members
Forum Posts: 248

Thanks, Jim, great info.  I'm really looking forward to the weekend.  The added B&O museum and layout tour along with beautiful countryside will be a real plus. I also highly recommend to anyone that hasn't attended a ProTrak Weekend to not miss this one!! :-) Best, Andy  

From: ProTrak.org To: nashville_road@yahoo.com Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:34 PM Subject: New Forum Post - ProTrak: [2017 ProTrak Weekend - Glenwood, Maryland - Hotel Information]

Best, Andy Keeney

Look out for #1 but don't step in #2!!

February 1, 2017
2:53 pm
Jim Brewer
Glenwood, Maryland
Members
Forum Posts: 92

Joe,

A review of those hotels in my list revealed that the Country Inn & Suites and Motel 6 Fort Detrick DO NOT offer any type of breakfast.

The Hilton Garden Inn offers an in-house restaurant.

The remainder offer some type of complimentary breakfast; even the Extended Stay offers a "grab and go" complimentary breakfast.

Most the the hotels, except for the Best Western Historic Frederick and Motel 6 Fort Detrick, are all very close to each other; within that area are numerous breakfast spots.

I hope this information helps.

Jim Brewer

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 189

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Nashville: 248

Joe-SVL: 243

casowest: 95

Jim Brewer: 92

Mark Stafflrd: 58

Bob: 53

Fred: 43

John V: 43

jjoyce1: 32

Peter Jackson: 27

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 258

Moderators: 0

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 13

Topics: 432

Newest Members:

ferretjack, Frank, bcole_-8@rogers.com, frich1230, waffle2@mac.com, innovativerc@gmail.com, KRFARRINGTON, George Giles, NandWSRY55, mitchschuess

Administrators: earlyrail: 71, friscomike: 130, webmaster: 1, hunter48820: 23, Jim Moir: 489