200 downloads since going Free. How are new users doing? | General Discussions | Forum

Welcome to the ProTrak User Community Support Forum . The forum is designed around the chapters in The Manual. Please post your questions in the appropriate subforums. You may "Subscribe" to topics and reply by email.

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
200 downloads since going Free. How are new users doing?
August 19, 2019
10:34 am
friscomike
Admin
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Howdy folks,

This morning, we passed 200 downloads of the free ProTrak software.  How are new users doing with the setup and operation?

Mike C

August 27, 2019
4:07 pm
Fred
Members
Forum Posts: 43

Hi Mike

I am one of the "new users" because I got lazy. My old windows 7 computer was doing the slow death routine and it was easier to become a new user than to try and get Protrak out of it. I had my railroad data backed up already. I had no problem downloading Protrak and getting V348 into my new/rebuilt windows 7 computer. Everything is working fine. I hope everything is going well with you in Texas.

Fred Kaser

October 4, 2019
12:14 pm
cowboy
Members
Forum Posts: 23

Just a note to let you all know where I am. Thanks to some amazing help, I got protrak running running on my old PC. But then shortly after that the pc died. I was able to acquire a almost new laptop to become the dedicated train computer. But to my frustration after opening the box I realized it does not have a CD drive. As I have a self imposed deadline of Nov 15th for the first operating session. I re-downloaded JMRI and I am spending my free time fixing chronic derail spots and making the plywood pacific look more presentable for the first time any outsiders will be in my basement empire. Hoping to borrow a external CD drive and start again with protrak over the winter. 

July 19, 2020
7:02 am
friscomike
Admin
Forum Posts: 130

Howdy folks,

How are new users doing with ProTrak?  As of today, we have had 438 downloads of the software since it because free to use.  

Joe Brann suggested a Zoom meeting to discuss ProTrak questions about setup, operation, etc.  The session would focus on new users.  Would that be helpful and worth while?

Have fun,

Mike Corley

July 27, 2020
8:40 am
Joe-SVL
Members
Forum Posts: 243

Mike,

It's kinda strange that with the 438 ProTrak downloads that have occurred in roughly the past year and a quarter that none of the new uses have expressed an interest in a new-users Zoom get together. On the other hand maybe the PTBM has been so successful in getting at least some of the new users up and going that they are comfortable with what ProTrak is providing them for their operating experiences. Or maybe they all missed the Zoom meeting offer in your July 19-th forum posting. Or maybe some/most/all of the new users are not aware of your fine forum here and thus don't know how to ask for assistance.  Or.......

Do you have direct e-mail addresses for the new users such that you could contact them outside of this forum?

Stay safe. 

Joe in Orlando

August 9, 2020
8:29 pm
chowetrains
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Truthfully I'm a little frustrated.  I tried to download the update version 348 and it wants the original CD and key number and the info I used to set it up the first time doesn't work.  I like the demo op session paperwork but since I can't change industries or town names all my cars are mty.  It's pretty much just a program to keep track of my freight car roster now as I've sorta lost interest in it since I can't update it 🙁

August 10, 2020
2:01 pm
Joe-SVL
Members
Forum Posts: 243

Chowetrains

I’m a little unclear about your inquiry. Are you trying to install Ver 348, or have you installed Ver 348 and are now trying to install an update to Ver. 348?

Joe Brann

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 189

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Nashville: 248

Joe-SVL: 243

casowest: 95

Jim Brewer: 92

Mark Stafflrd: 58

Bob: 53

Fred: 43

John V: 43

jjoyce1: 32

Peter Jackson: 27

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 259

Moderators: 0

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 13

Topics: 432

Newest Members:

Fred52, ferretjack, Frank, bcole_-8@rogers.com, frich1230, waffle2@mac.com, innovativerc@gmail.com, KRFARRINGTON, George Giles, NandWSRY55

Administrators: earlyrail: 71, friscomike: 130, webmaster: 1, hunter48820: 23, Jim Moir: 489