Update, Sunday February 28th, 2016 - three items | User Updates | Forum

Welcome to the ProTrak User Community Support Forum . The forum is designed around the chapters in The Manual. Please post your questions in the appropriate subforums. You may "Subscribe" to topics and reply by email.

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
Update, Sunday February 28th, 2016 - three items
February 28, 2016
7:44 am
Jim Moir
Admin
Forum Posts: 489
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

1.  Track gage  - for railroads that are primarily a narrow gage, or a wide gage.

2.  Really tiny (light) Australian narrow gage cars - GWR of 22,000 lbs

3.  A correction about an interaction between "held trains" and "alternative symbols".

~~~

Explanation:

1.   Track gage:  If you are running a standard gage railroad you do not have to do anything.   Standard gage is the default.

If you are running a narrow gage railroad, then you need to select the track gage at "Administration", the top menu item, usually called "Core Segment Notes".   Note the new item "Track gage",  third item from the top.  Select, on the dropdown, the appropriate track gage.

Mark Stafford should select  "Narrow gage, Australian" as this affects further options.

If you are running a Maine narriow gage (e.g. WW&F) you would select the "2-ft" option.

2.   Once Mark has selected "Narrow gage, Australian", he would go to his "car" data.  The available bearing sizes are "22,000 lb" and "46,000 lb".  Select as you see fit.

~~~

3.  Peter shared his data which allowed me to find an undesired interaction between "held trains" and "alternative symbols".

Please note that if a train with alternative symbols is "held" at its terminating yard, the train will "disappear" from the list of trains on the "Reporting Trains" window.  When the held train is released (Yardmaster/Yard Operations - Held train classify...) the train "re-appears" with the next symbol on the "Reporting Trains" window.

~~~~

There is fourth function change specific to Andy's NR railroad.

OK?

Jim

March 3, 2016
12:25 pm
Peter Jackson
Members
Forum Posts: 27

Thanks for this up-date Jim.  

I've run two computer simulations and noticed the following.

When I exited operations before completing the session and came back later to finish it, the ATS trains had reverted to the base train number.  I had run and completed one base train job and one ATS train job for each of two trains.  Both times the train numbers up-dated correctly but when I resumed operations the list of trains was displaying the base number.  After running those base trains again both of them converted to ATS numbers correctly.

The second thing I noticed is that when completing a base job, the correct ATS number comes up on the list of trains but the departure time is shown as the time the base or previous ATS job was completed.  The first simulation I was running without the fast clock turned on so the ATS train displayed 12:01 am as the departure time.  The second time I did have the fast clock on and the departure time displayed the current fast clock time when the base job (or previous ATS job) had completed.

Cheers Peter

March 5, 2016
10:26 am
Jim Moir
Admin
Forum Posts: 489

Peter,

Today's Update corrects these issues.  The proper train-symbol is displayed on returning to Operations.   The call-time for the alternative symbol is shown.

The "last reported time" is now saved for all train jobs.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Jim

March 12, 2016
6:42 pm
Mark Stafflrd
Members
Forum Posts: 58

Jim

I want to publicly thank you for the "Australian narrow gage" section you recoded.  I find it quite astounding that so much time and effort was done for one users needs, namely mine.

That level of service and commitment to the hobby is to be applauded.

So far the modifications appear to deliver an application that will have my tiny little system delivering produce throughout Victoria Australia, just like the real thing.

So from the other side of the world I thank you.

Mark Stafford

officer in charge 

Puffing Billy, Beach Forrest to Gellibrand section of the On30 railway.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 189

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Nashville: 248

Joe-SVL: 243

casowest: 95

Jim Brewer: 92

Mark Stafflrd: 58

Bob: 53

Fred: 43

John V: 43

jjoyce1: 32

Peter Jackson: 27

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 259

Moderators: 0

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 13

Topics: 432

Newest Members:

Fred52, ferretjack, Frank, bcole_-8@rogers.com, frich1230, waffle2@mac.com, innovativerc@gmail.com, KRFARRINGTON, George Giles, NandWSRY55

Administrators: earlyrail: 71, friscomike: 130, webmaster: 1, hunter48820: 23, Jim Moir: 489